Sweets, Shots, Sisters and Swag
sweets
Want to know what's sitting on our counter right now? Caramel corn, cinnamon rolls, and Amish Friendship Bread. YUMMMY! I made the caramel corn because the recipe I have is so fantastic and I was craving it. It actually comes from the Barclay family! Basically it's this: a large bowl of popcorn. Then in a saucepan on the stove you mix 1 C. karo syrup, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, and 2 C. brown sugar. Start it off on low heat and then increase the heat...stirring constantly...to boiling. Boil for about 20 seconds and then remove from heat and pour onto your bowl of popcorn. Mix it well. This really is the best caramel corn!
The yummy cinnamon rolls came from my neighbor and I'm planning to go down and eat one in a moment. Yay to more sugar! And, I already mentioned the Amish bread in a previous post I think. Man...it's a good thing I rode a little on the bike this morning.
shots
The shots are still going really well. Greg is such a pro that sometimes I can hardly feel it. One time he did hit a blood vessel, not that you could help it, and that caused some bleeding and a bruise, but nothing bad. I think I should be starting the additional shots later this week and we're planning to be in California by next week!
sisters
My sisters have all been so encouraging and supportive, so I give them a thankful shout out! LOVE YOU GIRLS! Phone calls, cards, and some sort-of secret surprise that my mom let slip. Don't know what, but I know it comes from their hearts, and that means everything to me. I already have been informed that whenever we do have a baby, he/she will be totally spoiled!
swag
Swag is what I want to make for our house. I got a cricut for Christmas, and on Saturday I bought some wood at Home Depot and had them cut it into blocks for me. The plan is to make some cute blocks with different words on them (like HOME, or whatever) to put up around the house. I'll have to post pictures of the finished product.
Want to know what's sitting on our counter right now? Caramel corn, cinnamon rolls, and Amish Friendship Bread. YUMMMY! I made the caramel corn because the recipe I have is so fantastic and I was craving it. It actually comes from the Barclay family! Basically it's this: a large bowl of popcorn. Then in a saucepan on the stove you mix 1 C. karo syrup, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, and 2 C. brown sugar. Start it off on low heat and then increase the heat...stirring constantly...to boiling. Boil for about 20 seconds and then remove from heat and pour onto your bowl of popcorn. Mix it well. This really is the best caramel corn!
The yummy cinnamon rolls came from my neighbor and I'm planning to go down and eat one in a moment. Yay to more sugar! And, I already mentioned the Amish bread in a previous post I think. Man...it's a good thing I rode a little on the bike this morning.
shots
The shots are still going really well. Greg is such a pro that sometimes I can hardly feel it. One time he did hit a blood vessel, not that you could help it, and that caused some bleeding and a bruise, but nothing bad. I think I should be starting the additional shots later this week and we're planning to be in California by next week!
sisters
My sisters have all been so encouraging and supportive, so I give them a thankful shout out! LOVE YOU GIRLS! Phone calls, cards, and some sort-of secret surprise that my mom let slip. Don't know what, but I know it comes from their hearts, and that means everything to me. I already have been informed that whenever we do have a baby, he/she will be totally spoiled!
swag
Swag is what I want to make for our house. I got a cricut for Christmas, and on Saturday I bought some wood at Home Depot and had them cut it into blocks for me. The plan is to make some cute blocks with different words on them (like HOME, or whatever) to put up around the house. I'll have to post pictures of the finished product.
That Mom!! She just can't keep surprises!! Silly her. See you Sunday!
ReplyDelete