First One Down
Last night Greg so expertly gave me my first shot! (Thanks, Pal!) So far no adverse reactions or even any signs that it's doing anything. Although, I don't know what signs there would be! It's a tiny needle so just a small poke and sting then it's done.
We continue to have so much faith and prayers coming our way and I know it's working. I'm grateful for that and don't even know what I would do in my life without the knowledge of the gospel.
Our FHE last night was fun. We rearranged the family room to make room for the bike rollers to come inside. We think we'll get more use out of them if we can exercise while watching TV! Sort-of defeats the point in a way, but I tried it this morning and it was kind-of fun. It's actually much easier to ride on the garage cement because it's so flat, but there's a spot of tile by our back door that works pretty well. I watched a little of The Price is Right while I rode. Some people have no idea how to choose prices!
Also for FHE we took some Amish Friendship Bread starts to three friends and neighbors. One couple is like us! They did IVF and had twins (a boy and a girl) and then they did a frozen cycle (their embryos had been frozen for three years in Manchester) and are pregnant with one. It's great to have them as a support system because they really do know what it's like. They're a super awesome couple and hopefully we can keep getting to know them more.
We also took a start to my friend across the street. Earlier that day she was so helpful in letting me borrow their compressed air tank because we had a flat and I had to get down to Big-O and get it fixed. We've had some problems with these tires going flat. If it happens again then I think we need to make them replace our tires because it's been like four times that I've been down there. In fact, just yesterday one of the workers leaned into the waiting room to me and said, "Hi there!" So obviously if the employees are recognizing who you are, you're there too much!
And finally we took our last start to a guy that's in our bishopric and his wife makes absolutely incredible homemade doughnuts. Our church is at 9 a.m. now, and they said on Sunday evenings/afternoons they are a little bored (as are we...or I should say as am I) and it would be fun to get together and play games and stuff. Sounds like a plan to me. Anyone who knows the Hurst's knows we are a gaming family, so I would love to do that.
I love being a part of a ward and feeling like we're getting totally settled here. It's almost been a year, so that's exciting. We have some great neighbors.
And to wrap up this post...work is good but getting really busy lately. It's sort-of bad timing since I want to not worry about things when I got to CA, but also good because we need money to pay for this. So I actually think being busy is a total blessing. I want to try to recognize things like that more as blessings and not just pass them off as "coincidences." I am sure we are being blessed in numerous ways and that is one!
We continue to have so much faith and prayers coming our way and I know it's working. I'm grateful for that and don't even know what I would do in my life without the knowledge of the gospel.
Our FHE last night was fun. We rearranged the family room to make room for the bike rollers to come inside. We think we'll get more use out of them if we can exercise while watching TV! Sort-of defeats the point in a way, but I tried it this morning and it was kind-of fun. It's actually much easier to ride on the garage cement because it's so flat, but there's a spot of tile by our back door that works pretty well. I watched a little of The Price is Right while I rode. Some people have no idea how to choose prices!
Also for FHE we took some Amish Friendship Bread starts to three friends and neighbors. One couple is like us! They did IVF and had twins (a boy and a girl) and then they did a frozen cycle (their embryos had been frozen for three years in Manchester) and are pregnant with one. It's great to have them as a support system because they really do know what it's like. They're a super awesome couple and hopefully we can keep getting to know them more.
We also took a start to my friend across the street. Earlier that day she was so helpful in letting me borrow their compressed air tank because we had a flat and I had to get down to Big-O and get it fixed. We've had some problems with these tires going flat. If it happens again then I think we need to make them replace our tires because it's been like four times that I've been down there. In fact, just yesterday one of the workers leaned into the waiting room to me and said, "Hi there!" So obviously if the employees are recognizing who you are, you're there too much!
And finally we took our last start to a guy that's in our bishopric and his wife makes absolutely incredible homemade doughnuts. Our church is at 9 a.m. now, and they said on Sunday evenings/afternoons they are a little bored (as are we...or I should say as am I) and it would be fun to get together and play games and stuff. Sounds like a plan to me. Anyone who knows the Hurst's knows we are a gaming family, so I would love to do that.
I love being a part of a ward and feeling like we're getting totally settled here. It's almost been a year, so that's exciting. We have some great neighbors.
And to wrap up this post...work is good but getting really busy lately. It's sort-of bad timing since I want to not worry about things when I got to CA, but also good because we need money to pay for this. So I actually think being busy is a total blessing. I want to try to recognize things like that more as blessings and not just pass them off as "coincidences." I am sure we are being blessed in numerous ways and that is one!
Yay to having the first shot! I think it's funny that you watched Price as Right while you rode the bike inside. And that's cool that you are getting to know more of your ward. I LOVE Amish friendship bread...and you totally got me wanting to try your neighbor's homemade doughnuts. Man! Stupid cravings! :) I can't wait for your trip to CA. Here's to the next step! :)
ReplyDelete