Half Way There
Wow! I can't believe it's been 20 weeks already. That's halfway, right? I have had a terrific pregnancy so far. I have some of the common "aches and pains" but have done really well. It's awesome. I will have to post another picture again soon, because this bump is getting harder and harder to hide. Sometimes I feel a little self-conscious about it in a way, but I think I need to embrace it more and not try to hold it in! (Not that I do or can anyway!)
The best thing lately is feeling the baby move more and more and knowing that's what I'm feeling. I totally notice movement after eating, and also sometimes when I play the organ. I think it's just louder so the baby can hear it and reacts a little. It will be fun to see if that continues and let's all pray they get Greg's awesome singing voice! We went to a movie last night, and the baby was really moving during that. Probably because it's so loud in the theater.
A week or so ago my mom, Sarah, Stacie, and Seve all came down to Orem and we went shopping to get me a few more maternity clothes. I love "the girls." We had a great time shopping and having lunch. They helped me pick out a lot of cute stuff. The comfort of maternity clothes is great these days, too! Stylish, cute and comfy! Can't beat that.
I also went and did water aerobics last week and am planning to do it this week. My goal is to go twice a week on Mondays and Tuesdays. I hope it's warm enough tomorrow! I wonder what the baby thinks when I'm jumping up and down in the water. Like is a weird sensation to them? Or can they really even tell? I really enjoy it though. Totally low impact, but you feel like you're really working. I'm looking forward to more of it. We'll see how long I can get away with not having a maternity swimming suite though! I think the boobs might necessitate one soon, but I also have a rashguard that I can wear over my swim top that keeps things secure! Ha ha! It isn't great for a tan though! Not that that's the point, but it would be a nice added benefit.
I am just thankful and thrilled everyday that we're having a baby and just pray they will be healthy and strong and completely perfect when they're born. What a great blessing this is for us!
The best thing lately is feeling the baby move more and more and knowing that's what I'm feeling. I totally notice movement after eating, and also sometimes when I play the organ. I think it's just louder so the baby can hear it and reacts a little. It will be fun to see if that continues and let's all pray they get Greg's awesome singing voice! We went to a movie last night, and the baby was really moving during that. Probably because it's so loud in the theater.
A week or so ago my mom, Sarah, Stacie, and Seve all came down to Orem and we went shopping to get me a few more maternity clothes. I love "the girls." We had a great time shopping and having lunch. They helped me pick out a lot of cute stuff. The comfort of maternity clothes is great these days, too! Stylish, cute and comfy! Can't beat that.
I also went and did water aerobics last week and am planning to do it this week. My goal is to go twice a week on Mondays and Tuesdays. I hope it's warm enough tomorrow! I wonder what the baby thinks when I'm jumping up and down in the water. Like is a weird sensation to them? Or can they really even tell? I really enjoy it though. Totally low impact, but you feel like you're really working. I'm looking forward to more of it. We'll see how long I can get away with not having a maternity swimming suite though! I think the boobs might necessitate one soon, but I also have a rashguard that I can wear over my swim top that keeps things secure! Ha ha! It isn't great for a tan though! Not that that's the point, but it would be a nice added benefit.
I am just thankful and thrilled everyday that we're having a baby and just pray they will be healthy and strong and completely perfect when they're born. What a great blessing this is for us!
Am I missing something? Did you say "they" several times on purpose when talking about the baby?
ReplyDeleteHi Joan,
ReplyDeleteI probably said "they" because I don't know if it's a he or she yet! But there is just one baby!
Water aerobics sounds way fun. I wish my gym had that. At this point, normal life seems like PLENTY for me to do. I wouldn't have any extra energy if I tried to go to the gym. But after for sure. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so cute Lis that you think about and analyze everything from the baby's perspective too. You will be such a wonderful mom.
ReplyDelete