One Woman Basket Shop

I'm publishing this post during work hours but only because it's work related! Yesterday and today I have been the amazing, fabulous, so-sweet-you-could-almost-taste-it, One Woman Basket Shop. For work we have been working on a marketing campaign to send to Utah legislators. Since I am the closest worker to Salt Lake, I volunteered to assemble and deliver these baskets to legislators in this area. I'll mail some of them as well.

Here's what the baskets looked like "pre-apples." Some of the gourds are so weird looking! I like them. They're so interesting and oddly shaped.

Here's what the baskets look like with the apples in them. YUM! I love apples. They were all donated, by the way. Doesn't it make my kitchen look so "Thanksgiving-ish?" Harvest time at the Halliday house. I swear, if I didn't want the mess of fruit trees, I would grow apple trees. My grandma and grandpa Hurst had TONS of apple tress, and there is nothing better than an apple right off the tree. And the homemade canned apple sauce was something else! I still can't eat a golden delicious without thinking of Grandma and Grandpa. What great memories.

And, what a beautiful shot of the finished and wrapped baskets. Good practice for Christmas, right? The cellophane, ribbon, and tags add so much to the look. All the apples have been making my house smell good, too. No need for candles when you have a fresh fragrance like this.

Another view of the finished product. What do you think...should I hire out my services? The tricky part will be boxing the ones that need to be mailed and getting them all to fit in my car to take to the post office! This project has been a nice change of pace from sitting at a desk. I was listening to Christmas music as I assembled. The sounds of the season are my fave. One of my all-time faves? Andy Williams "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."
Yeah, how fun! They look great! I really think we might plant a fruit tree or two here in the near future. We couldn't find any this year and didn't budget them in, but 1-2 of our trees may not make it through the winter (Marcos edged a little too closely) and we decided it is probably worth the mess to have the extra food while we're young and need it the most. We have two healthy boys to do the picking up (hopefully). Anyway, maybe an apple and a peach tree. We'll see what we can find. But what a fun work project. Those are such a pain, but I totally used to look forward to the projects that took me away from my desk once in awhile. The golf tournament was great to get me out of my office! We always had gift bags, lunch/snack bags and then gifts to assemble and make pretty. Good times.
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative! I might need to borrow some of your event planning ideas and talents because I'm in charge of planning our company Christmas party. I was thinking of doing a fun basket for a gift. Maybe you could help me with some ideas of what to put in them because you sure are good at baskets from what I can see!
ReplyDeleteYou are the cutest little worker Lis! I love the baskets. Have so much fun for Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteSars