Date Days

A huge plus in Greg's job is that he has Thursday afternoons off. So instead of date nights, we have date days! I look forward to it all week. An afternoon with Greg makes my whole day and I love that time we get to spend together.

Some dates we've had this fall:

  • Shop at Kohl's to buy him some new khaki's and lunch at Applebees
  • Bike ride in Payson Lakes area
  • Walk to Vivian Park on the Provo Canyon parkway. This was one of our most fun dates. We had lunch at Macaroni Grill afterward. The pictures below are from this date.
  • Putting together our Halloween costumes and having lunch at Red Lobster.
  • Visiting Ikea. What a cool store! It's so huge that it can be overwhelming, though. You sort-of have to have a plan before you go to know exactly what you're looking for. We ate lunch at their little cafe, which was a great deal. Greg, of course, had the Swedish meatballs since Ikea is Swiss!

Notice we like to eat out for lunch as part of our dates? That's fun for us because we talk and laugh and we don't typically go out for dinner. Lunch is cheaper, less crowded, etc. Some of our best conversations are at mealtimes.

Today being the Thursday that it is, you may wonder what we're doing for our date day. We have a secret plan that we can let you all in on later. I will say that I'm excited for it, though. Besides the fact that I seem to be getting a little bit of a cold...one side of my head is so stuffy! That's not the best for date day, but it is winter after all. A cold was inevitable!

I'm glad that after seven years of marriage we can still hang out and have so much fun together. I love you, Pal! Thanks for the dates!


Comments

  1. So fun! We lately have to have date night from 10p.m to 12 because of the night shifts. That sounds fun to walk around ikea and have lunch. I've started to call our many outings and even talking times "dates" after reading a book I have called "how to date your wife". It is a fun book with lots of ideas for dating your spouse. Lis I really like your hair in the pics lately. You look really cute in the red sweatshirt pic. Red- a great color! So bright and cheery! I've also been thinking lately how fit you and greg look. We need to step it up (our excersize)Shaun and I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ems! It always makes me feel good when you compliment my hair since you are the hair woman! By the way, our secret date yesterday was to buy a house. Yep. We were going to do it and then decided, no. We need to keep looking. I'm so glad. It felt too rushed. So we're looking at another house tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah to the date days. You have to make it fit in whenever it works. We're actually thinking of moving our family night to Tuesday for that very reason. Marcos does group on Monday night at his little part time job so it's 7 before he gets home and we like to start bedtime by 7:30. It just doesn't leave enough time for dinner and FHE. I've been stressed about it, but I think it's going to be a good decision. I'm pretty sure it doesn't really matter which day you do it if it works for your family. I'm not sure what we have as far as dates go. We have talk time at night after the kids go down, but we are not great at going out as a couple anymore. I do miss that! It's so hard to budget in an activity and a babysitter. We try to have family time in the evening and couple time hanging out at the house. We've got to be a little more creative though. And we should do stuff like the temple more often...pretty cheap, I'd say. It's great that you have that time together though. And with Greg's crazy schedule, it's nice that he has a day off to look forward to.

    BTW, crazy about almost buying a house yesterday. What an exciting date that would've been! But it's good to wait and make sure you feel right about the house you do buy, especially if you were feeling rushed. I can't wait to see the new house whenever it comes though. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Almost To the Home Stretch

Can you see that baby bump?

Half Way There