My FHE with Wall-E

Monday night Greg was on call. He works so hard at this job! I mean, he always works hard, but he is definitely much busier here with the technical hospital side of things. He didn't do quite as much of that in St. George, so that has made him extra busy with extra long hours. In a normal day he gets up at 6 a.m. (or around then) and is home by 5:30 or 6 usually. So that's 12 hours. In a BUSY day, like if they're on call or something, he's up at 6 a.m. and not home until like 9:30 or 10 p.m. so like a 14 hour day. He's awesome.

Anyway, it used to make me feel all alone when he wasn't there and like I couldn't go do stuff by myself. But now, I'm getting better at it. (And I'll add that my cute co-worker, Joan, in St. George is married to the Washington County Sheriff...obviously a busy man...and she told me that when her kids were little, she used to feel bad at first if her hubby couldn't be with them, but then she learned to just take the kids and go do whatever it was they were wanting to do. So, I'm learning from Joan.)

I hadn't seen Disney's Wall-E yet, and it was playing here in AF at the little $1.50 theater. So for Family Night, I went! Just me! Sitting in the theater eating my licorice and having a great time watching the show. It's such a darling little love story! I really enjoyed it, and whenever we can rent it, I'll watch it with Greg. I'm just proud of myself, in a way, that I went because I was debating: should I go? Will Greg feel bad if I do? Is it dumb to be at a movie by yourself? Blah, blah, blah. Who cares!? I wanted to go, so I did. I didn't feel dumb. Greg didn't feel bad. It was great and I'm glad I can learn to live my life by myself! I'm learning that there is joy that can be found in solitude and quite moments. Not that a movie is quiet...but you know what I mean. I'm a very social person, so I prefer to do stuff with people. But when people (like Greg) aren't around, then it's OK to be alone and enjoy it!

When I got home from the show, I realized that they had short-changed me by $10. So, I drove all the way back there to tell them and get my money back. They were way nice about it and had me leave my name and number and said they would have to call me after they had counted out their till (money) for the night to see if they were over by $10. Sure enough they were. So, they called and I drove back again the next day to get the money. If it would have only been a dollar or two, I wouldn't have bothered. But $10 is a good chunk of change!

Comments

  1. So fun! I am the same. At first it is hard for me to do things by myself, but when I do I really enjoy the alone time. I love
    Wall-E it is such a cute show. You are so cute Lis! Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I would've done the same thing. I wish I could've gone with you to the movie and chowed on some tasty licorice. What a great family night! Yeah, learn to appreciate some quiet and solitude...you'll miss it when it's gone. Trust me! Quiet, solitude and sleep. My dear, dear, long, lost friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that you called me—your grandma co-worker—CUTE! O.K. that made my day. Kinda brave doing the movie alone - I'm proud. I'm glad you have family and good friends close by, so you have plenty of opportunities to do group/social things, too.
    It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you. Thanks for sharing. I'm having to learn to deal with the husband not around much stuff, too, lately...I'm having to learn to not let it bug me and just do what we want to do without him. Hard lesson, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I'm so glad you found my blog! It is so good to see pictures of you and your family. I have a lot of great memories of "Lisa and Sarah's house". I hope everything goes well for you and Greg. Stacey does not have a blog and I doubt she ever will. We have been trying to talk her into it. Kari and Sheri both have one though. It is crazy to think that all of our sibling are old and married now:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Almost To the Home Stretch

Can you see that baby bump?

Half Way There