A Fantastic Fall Weekend

We had such a great weekend! On Friday night I went to a bridal shower for my soon-to-be cousin Sarah. She's marrying my cousin Geoff, who lives in Washington, but they met here at BYU. She's a way sweet girl, and it was fun to see my mom and aunts at the shower. Seve was the only one of the "sisters" who could make it, and it was way fun to see her and her little pregnant belly just starting to show.

I had to dash home from the shower (luckily it was just in Highland) so we could head up to Frightmares with Maria and Marcos. (She posted about it on her blog, and captured it all quite well!) We really did have a BLAST! It was the perfect cold, creepy, fun, cloudy night. We rode tons of rides and were sort-of wishing we had a little more time...especially since they do charge so much! The best was just talking and reminiscing while we waited in line for rides. I'm so glad that all four of us get a long and like to do stuff together. A date night like that really does make you feel young again. I just have to laugh at all the memories that come back to me when I'm with Ruff (a.k.a. Maria) because it's just so funny to think of how crazy we were in high school and even c0llege. Luckily, I've grown up a little, but she still knows how to bring out the wild and crazy Lis! But in a good way.

One of Greg's favorite rides is Music Express, so we went on that while M & M went on Colossus. They were playing an REO Speedwagon song, "I can't fight this feeling anymore." Which none of the little Jr. High kids on the ride probably know, but Greg and I knew every word, and we totally belted out the song the whole time we were riding, and I think the parents leaning over the gate watching their kids on the ride were getting a kick out of our singing and even our actions that we were doing to the words! What a blast. I just love my hubby and have so much fun with him.

Thanks for the great night Maria and Marcos!

So, on Saturday we slept in a little since we had been at Frightmares until late. Then we got up and turned on a little Gameday with "my boy" Kirk Herbstreit. (He's an ESPN College football analyst and has that really cute all-American-boy look so Greg teases me that he's my boyfriend and stuff. I play along.)

Then I decided to be a total chef for the day. Greg's mom and dad were coming down to show us their pictures from an awesome cruise they took. They also wanted to take us to lunch, so I wanted to make dessert for after lunch. I made apple cake with caramel sauce, with help from Sharon, Greg's mom, and it was DELICIOUS! It is way easy to make, and so perfect for fall. It makes the house smell wonderful, too. Then I also made a fantastic cheese, chicken, vegetable soup...a recipe from Sue Haslam that I think we ate at our LD progressive dinner during rush week. That soup is perfect for a chilly day, too.

So, after we saw all the pictures of Sharon and Ger's trip, we went out to lunch at Applebee's and then to Cabela's. It was just such a fun, cold, fall day to be with family.

Sunday we woke up to snow! AWESOME. Greg was on call, so he had to go off to work and I went to church and it was a very nice day with good testimonies and lessons. After church I had a nice little snooze and just enjoyed a cozy day at home.

Fall is the best!

Comments

  1. Oh man, that apple cake sounds great! Will you post the recipe? Also, I want the recipe for the soup. My mouth is watering even as I write! Sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my fave too! Fun to be the little hostess and fix all these recipes. I'm becoming a little more domestic like that, but only sometimes. I've got to work on my consistency. Thanks again for the great Frightmares idea. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Almost To the Home Stretch

Can you see that baby bump?

Half Way There