Rise and Shout, the Cougars are Out!

Even though what is played in the Mountain West doesn't always exactly qualify as "football," I guess we're BYU fans now by default. (Greg is helping me write this!)
Greg had a cardiovascular symposium this weekend, and as part of the accompanying festivities, we had dinner on Friday night at the Chef's Table (a relatively upscale, swankified, establishment serving very crusty rolls) and went to the BYU vs. Wyoming game on Saturday. Lord Voldemort was there. Greg called him "voldy-thing" to his face and almost suffered the avada kedavra curse.


(I like blogging with Greg.)



Here's the famous "Y" on the mountain — looking ever so majestic in the summer afternoon heat. Really, the game was way hot, with occasional respite provided by a strategically placed cloud. In fact, it even rained on us for a couple minutes even though we were getting sunburned. How dastardly. (Translation: dastardly = evil, wicked, mean, bad, and nasty.)

Here's the Cougar band at half-time. By this time, Wyoming still hadn't scored, and it turns out that never at anytime during the game did they score. Notwithstanding the weak competition, we still had a great time! We ate hot dogs, nachos, and popcorn. We "Rise and Shout" -ed with the rest of the Zoobies every time Bronco's team scored. "I told you. Call me Bronco."

This is a picture of us on the bus. We parked in the Provo Towne Center parking lot and took the shuttle to the game. That was a great way to do it. We didn't have to hassle with traffic or parking. When we got home from the game, Greg watched all of the recorded football games! If left to his own devices, he would watch college football all day on Saturdays. Luckily, he has me to nag him and make him get off the couch and do some hard manual labor.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that Lord Voldemort didn't kill Greg! He should know better than to call him "Voldy-thing" though. I guess he could have tried "Stupify". That might have weakened the curse...maybe.

    I LOVE your "Summer" quilt hanging. It is dawling (how mom would say it). You are a fantabulous quilter and crafter.

    Love you! Will we see you at the zoo for Brig's birthday? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you two blogging together too. How dastardly! I can't stop laughing. Did you two come up with that together? I miss all that nonsense we used to come up with. "Wunking" and "Knuwing" (canoeing) and making up stuff like "samish the polish sausage". Any of that ring a bell? It might take a minute. I need a good dose of silly Lisa (and Greg) more often. It's just what the doctor ordered!

    Okay, so the whole BYU thing is weird to me. Marcos loves them, even though we both went to the U, if you recall that brief moment in our lives. It's weird to me that he is a die-hard fan of the Y. He says it's easier to be a fan of the Y than the U because the U is so liberal. Duh! Anyway, I still am just a Weber Wildcat at heart so I can route for both teams - blue and red make purple, right? But BYU football is serious stuff down there in Utah County. Fun to get to go experience the whole process, minus the traffic and parking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Responding to Ruff:

    I totally remember wunking! I had forgotten about Samish the polish sausage, but I totally remember now that you mention it. Sometimes I still think of "Mossimo Church" too, if something reminds me of it! I am so glad we have silly inside jokes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.K., so I have to disagree with you (or Greg's) assessment of Mountain West football, "Even though what is played in the Mountain West doesn't always exactly qualify as "football." Did you not notice that the Mountain West is killing all the Pac 10 opponents it has played this year. One week they were 5-0 against the Pac10 (can you tell I'm a die-hard BYU fan - remember Kirk was Cosmo and we bleed blue). And 3 Mountain West teams are ranked in the top 10 in the polls! O.K. I feel better now. Sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Almost To the Home Stretch

Can you see that baby bump?

Half Way There