I went to the Animal Fair
I went to the animal fair
the birds and the beasts were there.
The big baboon, by the light of the moon
was combing his auburn hair.
The monkey, he got drunk
and stepped on the elephant's trunk.
The elephant sneezed,
and fell to his knees,
and that was the end of the monk! The monk. The monk.
Greg and I went with Maria and Marcos and Dylan and Preston to the Utah State Fair on Sat. I don't think I'd ever been to a State Fair-- just county. The cows made Greg's whole day! We happened to walk into the cow showing barn just as they were doing the jr. category, so we got to see all of the kids showing off their calves. It was so much fun! We also saw the pigs, goats, sheep, beef cattle, rabbits, and birds. But really, the little cow was so darling.



We loved seeing Maria and Marcos, too. When it was time for lunch, we all had appetites for different varieties of fair food, so we split up. Greg had some smoked roast beef on a bun, and I had a corn dog. Then Greg got us both deep fried Snickers. Holy artery-clogger! The snickers was all melted and gooey inside of this nice fried shell. Once a year won't kill us!
I got a kick out of Marcos when we met back up with them after lunch. We met at the pavilion area where a cool, country, cover band was playing, and there was Marcos...front row...directly in front of the speakers blasting out watts of ear-splitting decibels! He definitely loves music.
I was also glad to know that Maria is still a little bit country at heart, like me, and that we could both sing the words to the Big and Rich song, "Save a horse, ride a cowboy."
The fair has so much to see! I loved all of the crafty things people come up with. If I get motivated here soon, I'm going to do a quilt. And, it wouldn't be that hard to do something like this little flower arrangement for fall. I thought it was really cute how they had it in a bucket with the scarecrows sticking out of the top.

Hooray that we live closer to do fun outings like this with friends. Thanks Ruff and fam for a fabulous day at the Fair! We shall end with a little dance by Greg the sheep and Lis the pig.
the birds and the beasts were there.
The big baboon, by the light of the moon
was combing his auburn hair.
The monkey, he got drunk
and stepped on the elephant's trunk.
The elephant sneezed,
and fell to his knees,
and that was the end of the monk! The monk. The monk.
Greg and I went with Maria and Marcos and Dylan and Preston to the Utah State Fair on Sat. I don't think I'd ever been to a State Fair-- just county. The cows made Greg's whole day! We happened to walk into the cow showing barn just as they were doing the jr. category, so we got to see all of the kids showing off their calves. It was so much fun! We also saw the pigs, goats, sheep, beef cattle, rabbits, and birds. But really, the little cow was so darling.



We loved seeing Maria and Marcos, too. When it was time for lunch, we all had appetites for different varieties of fair food, so we split up. Greg had some smoked roast beef on a bun, and I had a corn dog. Then Greg got us both deep fried Snickers. Holy artery-clogger! The snickers was all melted and gooey inside of this nice fried shell. Once a year won't kill us!
I got a kick out of Marcos when we met back up with them after lunch. We met at the pavilion area where a cool, country, cover band was playing, and there was Marcos...front row...directly in front of the speakers blasting out watts of ear-splitting decibels! He definitely loves music.
I was also glad to know that Maria is still a little bit country at heart, like me, and that we could both sing the words to the Big and Rich song, "Save a horse, ride a cowboy."
The fair has so much to see! I loved all of the crafty things people come up with. If I get motivated here soon, I'm going to do a quilt. And, it wouldn't be that hard to do something like this little flower arrangement for fall. I thought it was really cute how they had it in a bucket with the scarecrows sticking out of the top.

Hooray that we live closer to do fun outings like this with friends. Thanks Ruff and fam for a fabulous day at the Fair! We shall end with a little dance by Greg the sheep and Lis the pig.
Yippee to the fair! I loved it too and you're right, the cows were so cute. Glad we timed that one so well.
ReplyDelete