Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thunder CATS!
Well, really it was the Thunderbirds. But does anyone remember the Thundercats cartoon from the 80s?
We went to see the Thunderbirds at Hill Air Force Base Saturday on our way up to Logan for Tanner's blessing. We met Mike and Stace and Tanner at the base. The crowds were insane! Like more than 200,000 people. But it was worth it to see the Thunderbirds. So exciting! We have pictures that I can post later maybe. It's so loud and little Tanner was sleeping but when the Thunderbirds would fly over, all the muscles in his body would tense up. He still didn't wake up though!
Greg was really excited about all the planes, especially the WWII Dakota Kid, which had three German kills. I'm trying to remember exactly what kind of plane it is. We have a picture of it. I liked trying to learn the differences between F14, 15, and 16. And differences between the helicopters. The Apache really is cool-looking. There were some AWESOME stunt pilots flying, too. They do the craziest tricks where they fly vertical so high and stall their engines and you think they'll just drop out of the sky, but then they dive back down and pull out and start climbing again. It was so fun to watch. I don't know if I would ever dare try that. One thing I would maybe try is a tandem parachute jump though. That looks sort-of fun. But really, when it came right down to it, I would probably chicken out!
The event was free, except we didn't know we would be going, kind-of a last-minute thing, so we didn't have any cash and had to mooch from Mike and Stace. $10 sunscreen. $15 for two hotdogs and two drinks. We owe Mike and Stace some moola. Good thing we'll see them in West Yellowstone.
When it was time to leave, we had to wait in line for about an hour and a half to ride the shuttle buses back to the Clearfield Front Runner station. Crazy! They needed to block off one of the base entrances just for the buses because it was so gridlocked with traffic we just had to wait forever. There was a cute couple from Bountiful in front of us that brought their four little kids, so we had fun visiting with them. It made the time go by faster. Gotta love Utah where you instantly have things in common with total strangers! Yay Mormons!
Sunday was a wonderful day to be with family for Tanner's blessing. We had a delicious lunch at Mike's sister's house in Providence afterward. Again, sorry there are no pictures right now! I have to swipe some from my dad's camera. I'm sure Stace will post some on her blog though. Tanner's little blessing suit was so handsome. Greg said he opened his eyes during the blessing and Tanner was just looking up at everyone smiling. How precious. Mike did a nice job on the blessing and Stace is a cute mom. It was a nice rainy weekend.
We went to see the Thunderbirds at Hill Air Force Base Saturday on our way up to Logan for Tanner's blessing. We met Mike and Stace and Tanner at the base. The crowds were insane! Like more than 200,000 people. But it was worth it to see the Thunderbirds. So exciting! We have pictures that I can post later maybe. It's so loud and little Tanner was sleeping but when the Thunderbirds would fly over, all the muscles in his body would tense up. He still didn't wake up though!
Greg was really excited about all the planes, especially the WWII Dakota Kid, which had three German kills. I'm trying to remember exactly what kind of plane it is. We have a picture of it. I liked trying to learn the differences between F14, 15, and 16. And differences between the helicopters. The Apache really is cool-looking. There were some AWESOME stunt pilots flying, too. They do the craziest tricks where they fly vertical so high and stall their engines and you think they'll just drop out of the sky, but then they dive back down and pull out and start climbing again. It was so fun to watch. I don't know if I would ever dare try that. One thing I would maybe try is a tandem parachute jump though. That looks sort-of fun. But really, when it came right down to it, I would probably chicken out!
The event was free, except we didn't know we would be going, kind-of a last-minute thing, so we didn't have any cash and had to mooch from Mike and Stace. $10 sunscreen. $15 for two hotdogs and two drinks. We owe Mike and Stace some moola. Good thing we'll see them in West Yellowstone.
When it was time to leave, we had to wait in line for about an hour and a half to ride the shuttle buses back to the Clearfield Front Runner station. Crazy! They needed to block off one of the base entrances just for the buses because it was so gridlocked with traffic we just had to wait forever. There was a cute couple from Bountiful in front of us that brought their four little kids, so we had fun visiting with them. It made the time go by faster. Gotta love Utah where you instantly have things in common with total strangers! Yay Mormons!
Sunday was a wonderful day to be with family for Tanner's blessing. We had a delicious lunch at Mike's sister's house in Providence afterward. Again, sorry there are no pictures right now! I have to swipe some from my dad's camera. I'm sure Stace will post some on her blog though. Tanner's little blessing suit was so handsome. Greg said he opened his eyes during the blessing and Tanner was just looking up at everyone smiling. How precious. Mike did a nice job on the blessing and Stace is a cute mom. It was a nice rainy weekend.
wish we could have come! Shaun would have loved the air show. I can't wait to see picures of tanner. What's with the short post for Greg?
ReplyDeleteWe ended up just watching the show from our house. One advantage to living close. That way we didn't have to brave the crowds. I'm glad you had fun though. I'm glad Tanner's blessing was good too. It's fun to get together with family. We'll get together soon too. I need a girls' night out or something. Are you coming up for the LD reunion then?
ReplyDelete