Thanksgiving Re-Cap
I got out of the habit of posting during Thanksgiving, so I'm slightly behind! I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Chan and Shawn and the boys and Sharon and Ger for inviting us to Park City with them for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time! Some highlights:
- Making fabulously yummy pumpkin pies with Grandma Hadley's pie crust. I worked on the crust while Sharon and Chan worked on the filling. Of course we had to snitch a few tastes of the crust to make sure it was just right!
- Doing foam crafts with my nephew Andrew who is six.
- Watching fun movies like Muppet Christmas Carol, Dan in Real Life, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and The Prestige.
- Food, more food, and still more food! The turkey and all the trimmings were delish! I learned that it is a tradition to have grape juice with Thanksgiving dinner.
- Shopping on main street and at the outlet stores. We didn't quite make the midnight madness sales on Thanksgiving night, but Al and Shawn went out the morning of "Black Friday."
- A rousing game of four square with Alec, Austin and Chan. I had forgotten all the four square terms like "Blackjack" and "Cherry Bombs" (I think that's what they're called) but Al and Austin clued me in. It's so fun to play with them.
- Making s'mores with Chan and having candy cane hot chocolate.
- A game of "H O R S E" with Chan, Shawn, Austin, and Alec.
- Giggling and causing trouble at night with Greg and Al and Austin. Greg and I were as bad as the kids! Naughty, but so much fun!
- Going to see "Quantum of Solace" with Greg and Chan and Shawn.
- Playing games like "Nerts," "Mad Gab," and "Snorta," Andy was on my team for Snorta and he loves that game! Go Bucket!
- Just being together and having everyone write in the "Give Thanks" book what they were grateful for and remembering just how blessed we are. Family is everything and we love and stick by each other no matter what. I am blessed with wonderful in-laws and am appreciative of how they have always included me in their family just like one of their own. Thanks everyone!
Sounds like you had alot of fun. That book sounds like a fun tradition.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great time. I LOVE the family game times, too!
ReplyDelete