Flower Arrangement



In March, the Dixie College Foundation had an event called Fire & Ice. It's the only black tie event we do, and it's pretty awesome. The flowers were incredible! Luckily, I got to bring one of the flower arrangements home, and I loved it so much that I wanted to make my own, patterned after the Fire & Ice one. So, I took a trip to Tai Pan (any excuse will do!) and started picking out all of my flowers. The original flowers from Fire & Ice were more purple and green than the pink and white I ended up choosing, but I just love pink.


So, at Tai Pan I spent all of this time picking out exactly which flowers I wanted. It took quite awhile because their flower section is so extensive. I finally get everything picked out and have this cart overflowing with flowers, and the check out girl was like, "Did you know that next weekend all floral items are 25% off?" No. I didn't know. But, since I was buying so much, I knew it would be worth it to wait for the sale. Trouble was, what to do with my carefully selected flowers? Well, I sneaked to the back of the store in the area with all of the wicker baskets, and I just pulled a few large baskets off the bottom shelf and then shoved all of my flowers back behind in the cavity where the baskets had been. I didn't know if they would still be there when I came back the next week. But, sure enough, they were there and I was able to just grab them and bring them home to make my arrangement! It sure added a nice touch to our table this spring!

Comments

  1. Wow! so Pretty! Mom and I love it. I can't believe how domesticated you have become, right down to the flower arranging. My projects always look messy yours always look professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! I remember it from when we were down. I guess you filled it in the rest of the way. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Almost To the Home Stretch

Can you see that baby bump?

Half Way There