Layout and Lunch
Layout
Did you notice my attempt at doing my own blog layout? I've been wanting to try it and I had some time yesterday while Greg was taking a nap. (Everyone else posts about doing their blogs while their kids are napping and here I am posting while my husband was napping!) It was really kind-of fun. I do lots of graphic design for work, so sometimes the last thing I want to do is something like this. But then again, then is far more creative than work. I'll probably get sick of it and want to change it and not want to create my own again, so it's a good thing there are lots of sites out there that have free backgrounds. Fun to try doing my own, though!
Lunch
On Tuesday, I was invited out to lunch with some girls on my street and in my ward. We went to a place in Springville called "The Trolley" and it was absolutely delicious! I had a salad, because the girls I was with told me they are famous for their salads, and it was like no other salad! It had blueberries, apples, cranberries, candied nuts of some kind (can't remember what) Gorgonzola cheese, greens of course, chicken I think. What else? Oh...the most amazing homemade dressing. All of the salads come with half of a toasted onion bagel, too. It really was such a divine salad. The girl who invited me said she loves to find unique restaurants like The Trolley to eat at because they are usually way better than chain establishments, and this one was. I loved it.
What was even better than eating a fabulous salad was feeling included in my new neighborhood! Latter that day, another neighbor who had also been to lunch with us came and brought us a treat she made called banana bars. They're so so so yummy! They had cream cheese frosting and, since Greg doesn't like bananas, let's just say that I'll be doing a few extra workouts, but it was so worth those four yummy little bars. Note to self: ask for the recipe.
One of the things I wanted to do here was to get to know other women in the ward and make some new friends. Well, they're making it easy for me! I have to say that "Lunch with the Girls" whether it's sisters, friends, or co-workers is one of my favorite things to do. And now I know a great new place to go to!
Did you notice my attempt at doing my own blog layout? I've been wanting to try it and I had some time yesterday while Greg was taking a nap. (Everyone else posts about doing their blogs while their kids are napping and here I am posting while my husband was napping!) It was really kind-of fun. I do lots of graphic design for work, so sometimes the last thing I want to do is something like this. But then again, then is far more creative than work. I'll probably get sick of it and want to change it and not want to create my own again, so it's a good thing there are lots of sites out there that have free backgrounds. Fun to try doing my own, though!
Lunch
On Tuesday, I was invited out to lunch with some girls on my street and in my ward. We went to a place in Springville called "The Trolley" and it was absolutely delicious! I had a salad, because the girls I was with told me they are famous for their salads, and it was like no other salad! It had blueberries, apples, cranberries, candied nuts of some kind (can't remember what) Gorgonzola cheese, greens of course, chicken I think. What else? Oh...the most amazing homemade dressing. All of the salads come with half of a toasted onion bagel, too. It really was such a divine salad. The girl who invited me said she loves to find unique restaurants like The Trolley to eat at because they are usually way better than chain establishments, and this one was. I loved it.
What was even better than eating a fabulous salad was feeling included in my new neighborhood! Latter that day, another neighbor who had also been to lunch with us came and brought us a treat she made called banana bars. They're so so so yummy! They had cream cheese frosting and, since Greg doesn't like bananas, let's just say that I'll be doing a few extra workouts, but it was so worth those four yummy little bars. Note to self: ask for the recipe.
One of the things I wanted to do here was to get to know other women in the ward and make some new friends. Well, they're making it easy for me! I have to say that "Lunch with the Girls" whether it's sisters, friends, or co-workers is one of my favorite things to do. And now I know a great new place to go to!
Yum! That salad sounds way good. We'll have to go there sometime when I'm in town. I'm glad you're making new friends in your ward. That helps so much! I wouldn't enjoy life in Layton nearly as much without the friends in my old and new ward. We are sometimes good at planning outings and sometimes not, but they're always just a phone call away.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I love the new look of the blog! I think I need a little graphic design session from you sometime. And it's fun that you did it all while Greg was sleeping. Hey, we grownups need our naps just as much as the little ones do. It's good that you can leave him alone and let him catch some z's when he needs it. Marcos always has a "Honey Do" list when he's around. Poor guy!
I love your new blog layout!!! It's super cute! I have no idea how to design my own layout, so I'm way impressed!
ReplyDeleteOh Chipotle is our fav!! There are a few in Salt Lake...maybe there are more closer to you, I don't know. But we went to the one in Bountiful. So good! I always get the pork burrito with a side of guacamole. Their guac is divine!!! Best I've ever had!
ReplyDeleteWhat Talent! What style! Your blog is darling, dawling! And, I want to taste that divine salad too!
ReplyDeleteI love your layout! Great job. I'm so happy you've got a good neighborhood. Isn't it nice to have some other women to hang with (didn't have much of that in AZ, did we?) I've eaten at the Trolley...really good, but it has been YEARS!
ReplyDelete