Idol Fans?
Those who know us know that Greg and I are big fans of American Idol. Do I have any fellow fans out there? We always tape it (or I guess the term is "TiVo") but tonight's performance was long and it stopped recording before we could see the last performance by Adam Lambert, who happens to be our favorite one. So we watched the video online, and he is so good! Other fans out there? I think he's in a league of his own. I just love listening to his songs and the way he interprets songs that I've heard before and makes them new again. That sounds like something the judges would say!
So, what else is new with us? Not much. I babysat two little boys today ages 2 and 4 and I have a respect for you wonderful mothers out there. I am glad that when I have kids they will come as babies first! My house isn't very entertaining right now for a 2 year old and 4 year old. Luckily they brought their own Mr. Potato Heads to play with. And we watched "Mater and the Ghost Light" 5 times. Or was it 6? Cute little boys, though. It was pretty fun to babysit for one day, although I know I'm not one of those people who could have babysitting as a part-time job or anything. I'm sure I'll be great with my own kids, but babysitting isn't my most favorite thing. Well, maybe with nieces and nephews it is. Or with friends' kids that you know a little better. These kids have been babysat everyday for the last month because their mom had brain surgery. Crazy! So I was happy to help.
Conference weekend was great. I have a cute picture of me holding our newest little nephew and niece that I'll have to post later. I was also so happy that Brigham finally let me hold him! He's usually just attached to his mom, but he's getting more comfortable with the rest of us.
My mom and dad got a Wii, so needless to say we played it for hours at their house and both Greg and I were sore from it! I always laughed at people who said they were sore from bowling on the Wii, but now I see why. You just use weird muscles. It's pretty fun and I was impressed that my brother bowled a 297! Three away from the perfect game. Next time, Mike!
Hooray that it's spring and I have beautiful daffodils! I love this time of year. Although it's April, and not still March, I love this quote from Charles Dickens:
So, what else is new with us? Not much. I babysat two little boys today ages 2 and 4 and I have a respect for you wonderful mothers out there. I am glad that when I have kids they will come as babies first! My house isn't very entertaining right now for a 2 year old and 4 year old. Luckily they brought their own Mr. Potato Heads to play with. And we watched "Mater and the Ghost Light" 5 times. Or was it 6? Cute little boys, though. It was pretty fun to babysit for one day, although I know I'm not one of those people who could have babysitting as a part-time job or anything. I'm sure I'll be great with my own kids, but babysitting isn't my most favorite thing. Well, maybe with nieces and nephews it is. Or with friends' kids that you know a little better. These kids have been babysat everyday for the last month because their mom had brain surgery. Crazy! So I was happy to help.
Conference weekend was great. I have a cute picture of me holding our newest little nephew and niece that I'll have to post later. I was also so happy that Brigham finally let me hold him! He's usually just attached to his mom, but he's getting more comfortable with the rest of us.
My mom and dad got a Wii, so needless to say we played it for hours at their house and both Greg and I were sore from it! I always laughed at people who said they were sore from bowling on the Wii, but now I see why. You just use weird muscles. It's pretty fun and I was impressed that my brother bowled a 297! Three away from the perfect game. Next time, Mike!
Hooray that it's spring and I have beautiful daffodils! I love this time of year. Although it's April, and not still March, I love this quote from Charles Dickens:
"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade."
~Charles Dickens
~Charles Dickens
I agree that I sometimes don't like babysitting. I always feel like I have to keep up the entertainment. Sometimes it is nice to just have the regular old routine. As far as American Idol. We always watch and record it too. Adam is one of our favorites as well. Alexis even like the "Ring of Fire" he sang (which was sort of weird but cool). She always comments on the change of hairstyles. I have a few Idol favorites this year.
ReplyDeleteI'm getting to be a PRO at babysitting, but it's one of those things you get better at the more you do. And it helps to have other kids and toys to help entertain the young ones. Without Dylan, the permanent entertainer, I'd be a bit stressed. We played Wii at Anthony's last week and I was totally sore from boxing. Crazy! Thanks for always being my telephone emergency contact. Too much insanity to not have a person to vent to lately. I can't wait for a girl's day out. Sorry, this comment is all over the place. Hope you can follow it. BTW, Dylan is sitting here on my lap (which is why I keep having to backspace) and when I opened your blog he says, "I know who those two are" in this all-knowing, mischievous voice, "Greg and Lisa." What a nut!
ReplyDeleteI also like Adam the best and I LOVED his arrangement this week of "Mad World". So great! I agree with the whole babysitting thing. It's funner with your own or with neices and nephews. It was fun to see you guys this last weekend (even though it was just for one night). Love ya!
ReplyDeleteYeah. Babysitting is not like having your own kids. I used to worry about that! I like Adam Lambert too. He is the best I think.
ReplyDelete