Things Are Going Well

I haven't been as consistent at posting lately! Good thing I still have a real journal to document stuff. But, for those awesome people who love us, you're probably wondering how things are going with our baby quest. The short answer? Great!

Here's a longer version.

So, we did the embryo transfer while we were still in CA and that went really well. We were able to start driving home that same day with me just resting in the back seat. When we got home we had about a two week wait to see if everything was looking good on the bloodwork. And it was! Then we had about another one week wait to do another blood test and everything was still good. So then we had about a week or two wait to have an ultrasound, which we did, and that went really well, too! So things are progressing really well. We are very grateful and have had lots of amazing blessings throughout this process.

I am still nervous about things at times because it's so early, at least to me, so you won't probably get the "Yay! We're having a baby! Post the countdown on the blog!" For awhile. That's not how I thought I would be because I thought I'd just be so thrilled that I couldn't contain it, which I am sometimes, but I also realize how fragile things can be. So, I'm just taking things one week at a time.

I think it's just been different than I expected because so many people know about our journey, which I'm happy for. We have had amazing support from everyone, and that has been a great blessing. But I probably wasn't prepared for the fact that so many people would know we were having a baby at such an early stage. That's OK, too. But I think I would have wanted to be more quiet about it had things happened in a traditional way. Ah well! We are so happy and excited and I'm sure I'll do some more in-depth posts as things keep moving along! We have had some really neat testimony-building experiences and have come to realize even stronger what a "faith-based" work having a family is. I have really enjoyed studying the Old Testament this year and learning more about amazing women like Sarah, Rebekah, Rachel, Hannah and others who waited so long for children. The Old Testament is just full of doctrine about eternal families and temple blessings and how they go hand-in-hand. Cool stuff.

Comments

  1. Thing like this really help a person to know that Heavenly Father really does know who we are... and what is going on in our lives. I love the journey!! keep it up baby..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is such a miracle and blessing. We continue to pray for you and Greg and your sweet little one. I bore my testimony this month in church without telling a big story or anything I said simply that... "I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers and that miracles do happen. I have seen it in my life and the life of my family." I can understand how it is probably hard to have everyone so into your personal life right now. I have tried to give you space but let you know we love you and are praying for you guys! With fasting and prayer comes a sort of connection too. When we are really pulling for each other it draws our family closer together as an eternal family. Thankyou for letting us be a part of your so personal journey! Loves!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to know everything is still going well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Almost To the Home Stretch

Can you see that baby bump?

Half Way There