A post! A post! We have a post!

I am more into facebook these days. I think because it's just a quick thing, know what I mean? So I don't know what to post about, but felt like I should post something. Blogger guilt.

Tonight Greg and I had choir. We joined the Nebo Chorale, for those who might not know. It's been really fun! I love all the Christmas music we're singing. We have a concert in December, and everyone is totally invited to come and bring your kids and stuff. It's free, well, basically free. You have to bring a non-perishable food item to donate to the Utah Food Bank. If you think you might like to come let me know and I'll give you the details.

I haven't been too busy at work lately, which is both good and bad. Good because I can get stuff done around the house, but bad because I like being busy at work and making moola.

Oh...this is new. I'm now the second counselor in the YW presidency. So far so good, but I've only gone to two activities. Last Sun. was stake conf. so we didn't have a Sunday lesson. We have 15 giggly, silly, fun Beehives with more to come in Nov. and then even more next year. Speaking of stake conf., our visiting authority was Elder Hales. It was so good! We did have a funny sort-of incident related to Stake Conference.

Greg had a cardiology conference this past week, and typically as part of the conf. you can get tickets to the BYU game. Well, BYU was playing TCU, which was a big game! (Although in retrospect it was quite a letdown since BYU got killed.) So, Greg hadn't signed up for tickets, but then when I realized that it was such a big game, so big in fact that it was the ESPN Gameday Game, we were sort-of wishing that we did get tickets.

Well, about 6:30 rolled around and we were all ready to go to conf. By this time the BYU game had been going for probably an hour or so. And Greg decided to check his phone before we left for conference. Turns out he had gotten a text around 3:30 from Dr. Cragun saying he ended up with extra tickets to the game and he wondered if we wanted them! (I had heard Greg's phone beep with the text earlier, and just assumed he had heard it too, but he hadn't.)

Anyway, so we were kind-of (well, I was kind-of) going to conf. feeling sort-of bummed. Lame I know because an BYU doesn't even compare with an apostle! But it was just kind-of funny to even be considering that choice! Obviously I'm so glad that we went to conf. and heard Elder Hales. The spirit was wonderful. The meeting even ran late because he said he felt like the spirit was really strong and he wanted to continue a little longer than planned. Very awesome stake conference.

Comments

  1. Really cool that Elder Hales came to your conference! We are going to stay with a family in Lincoln for ours so that we can go to saturday and sunday. That game was a bummer. I wish BYU did a little better. We had some friends over for a party to watch it. That is fun you in YW's. Good to hear an update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay a post! And yay to finally having time to read blogs! I am so behind! Our neighbors are big Y fans and went to that game. They were in mourning for days! :) Sounds like a great stake conference!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Almost To the Home Stretch

Can you see that baby bump?

Half Way There