Nothin' to Write About

Oh dear. I'm way behind the times in blogging land. I was visiting teaching the other day, and was commenting to the cute girl I visit that I never have things to blog about. She said that she felt the same way before she had kids. My life isn't boring or anything, but it's much more fun to read about the funny things everyone's kids are saying or doing. And to see pictures of the dinky ones.

What have we been up to?

Well, we celebrated our 8th anniversary on Aug. 2. I should have posted about that! Dang. We are trying to be frugal so we decided that we would stay home for our anniversary and set up the tent in the back yard for a camp out. So, we did. And it was great. Right up until the wind started blowing. It blows and blows and blows here every night. So, we both lay there quietly, probably thinking the other one was asleep, until finally Greg said, "Pal? Do you want to go inside?" And yes. I did. It was like 2:30 in the morning. So, we came in. So much for the camp out!

But we did have a great anniversary and I love my sweet Pal.

24th of July
Greg was on call this whole weekend, so I went up to visit friends and family. I went swimming at Cherry Hill with my BFF Maria (she posted a cute pic on her blog of me with her boys). We had a great time playing and talking.

That night I went to the Ogden Pioneer Days rodeo with my family. Way fun. Here's some pictures.



It was "Tough Enough to Wear Pink" night. Mike and his little girl were the best-dressed pinksters!

Look at that grin! Ari has quite the happy personality.

Here's the whole fam...except Seve and Ari. They went home a little early.


These Budweiser Clydesdales were totally awesome.

The next day was the 24th itself. We went to the Ogden Pioneer Days Parade. Always a tradition with the Hurst's. Then later that day we set up the kiddie pool and the slip-n-slide for the kids. I only have one picture of the hot mammas in the pool. But I know Stace has more pictures because guess what? The adults just couldn't resist the slip-n-slide. The little kiddy one was too small for us, so my dad got out three gigantic tarps and we had a great time acting like kids! Even my dad was taking running dives down the slide on his belly. Way way fun!



This last picture is at Chan's house with me and my niece Sarah (on the right) and her roomate from EFY. They had been to EFY up at Utah State and then came to visit Greg's mom and dad for a day before they had to fly back home to Illinois. They had a great time at EFY and showed me all of their pictures. It brought back memories of the years that I went! What a cute niece I have. She will be turning 16 soon. Hard to believe! We all went to dinner at Maple Garden's, which is a Halliday tradition. I took Austin and Andrew with me in the car and those two little buddies are so fun to talk to.

So I had a great 24th with both sides of the fam! Yay Pioneer Day.

Comments

  1. I had a great time visiting with you on the phone and hearing about your annniversary. Congrats on 8 years! Love, Love, Love, all the photos. I can never get enough of the family photos. I check often for updates. I loved the rodeo pics. Thanks for posting. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rodeo looks like so much fun! Did you know it was "Tough Enough To Wear Pink" day? Your shirt fit right in. I love that Mike and Ari won that. Cute! She does have the happiest little face! :) Um, I know you feel like you never have anything to blog about, but everything you blog about is super interesting to me. Just your random thoughts that you have always had would keep me coming back for more. :) Fun about the camping idea...and fun that you went back inside. I love that even if a "great plan" turns out to be less than ideal, you can just adjust. That's real life for you. Sometimes we have this fantasy idea of how life should be and it's just not like that. Remind me to tell you about our anniversary last year. Oh my heck...it might be too much to tell even you, but no. I will anyway. And yes, congrats on 8 years. I can't believe it's been that long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures! It was good to see you on the 24th!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Almost To the Home Stretch

Can you see that baby bump?

Half Way There