Lights Out

I was in Target the other day and right in the middle of shopping the lights went out! Pitch black. It was so weird. Then they came back on for a minute and then went out again, and then came back on again. Turns out that there was a bad accident on the freeway (Target is close to the freeway) and a car had hit the telephone pole knocking out the power.

So, when I came home I was telling Greg how weird it was to be in the middle of the store in the pitch dark. The next thing I know is that he comes home from work and says, "I ordered you this really bright LED flashlight to keep in your purse."

Do I have the best husband or what? That was so thoughtful of him so that I can always have a light in a dark world. (Did you like that little ending to this post? So cheesy. I think it's because I have a headache and can't think right now!)

Comments

  1. How thoughtful! You never know..that flashlight might really come in handy some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is weird. I love the cheesy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How weird and scary! That was super sweet of Greg...it's just a good idea to be prepared like that. I ought to think about a flashlight in my purse too, although with my kids I cannot keep the batteries working. Dylan always leaves them on and burns them out the first day.

    By the way, thanks for the fun afternoon. I love just hanging out chatting. It never ceases to amaze me how natural the conversation comes even after all these years and with major background noise and chaos. We really are meant to be best friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Almost To the Home Stretch

Can you see that baby bump?

Half Way There