Dogsitting, Mother's Day and Such

The weekend of Mother's Day we babysat my co-worker's dog. Her name is Chaco and she's a large Brazilian Mastiff. 100 pounds! She was very good and basically just followed me around the house wherever I went. The first night she was here, she slept on her doggy bed outside of our room, but in the morning she followed Greg down when he left for work, and started crying when he left! So I called her back upstairs and she slept right next to my bed until we got up for a walk. She has a hard time being alone I think. We had fun babysitting...or dogsitting, but we don't have plans to get a dog anytime soon! Here are a few photos of our Chaco adventures.


She is a lummox and would just fall asleep by us wherever we were! When we tried to get her to stay outside, she would cry and bark and scratch our door. So she was usually in the house until on Saturday when Greg got the case of "We need to clean and vacuum and not have a dog in the house." So we left her outside (crying the whole time) while we did that. Good practice for a baby, right! Ha ha!

Here is a quick snapshot of a day we did at Gardner's Village with the girls! We had lunch and did a little shopping. Sarah and Eliza were there, too, but just not in this picture. She was probably out feeding Eliza in the car and flashing all the passers-by! I was barely pregnant at this time, which is so weird!
Here are a few little snapshots I took on Mother's Day. The day was really nice. My first "real" Mother's Day! Although, I was telling Greg that I guess I never really felt that sad on Mother's Day before. I just always knew that I would someday get that blessing I guess.
So we went to visit Greg's dad that day. He's currently in a rehabilitation center recovering from his heart surgery. He seemed really tired, but good. He always has the best attitude and I enjoyed hearing a few stories about his childhood. Then we went up to my mom and dad's for a little barbecue. Brigham loves the downstairs playroom.
Oh! This photo of our stuffed animals actually goes along with Chaco. Greg put them up on top of the dresser just in case Chaco felt like using them as her toys. She didn't. But cute that Greg was protecting his little buddies!

Here's Tanner on Mother's day. He's a little walker now and it's cute to watch!

So a quick pregnancy updated: I'm almost at 16 weeks! I sewed myself a few belly bands to accommodate the expanding mid section. They seem to work pretty well and were a lot cheaper than the store version. I do have one pair of maternity pants that I tried wearing one day and they didn't quite stay up. I seem to be able to get away with some of my pants but not others. It's a sort-of weird phase where I look chubbier, but not totally pregnant.

Just something funny that Greg called me: "A right little pig!" He means it in the cutest possibly way.

Headaches seem to be getting better, which I'm happy about! I had one yesterday, but I think that's because all of the Beehives came to my house for a cooking night. They were great though! The girls had to choose a main dish, side dish, and dessert to make. So we had ranch mac n' cheese, a green salad, and no-bake cheesecake. We also had french bread.

Today for our date day Greg and I went to see Iron Man 2. I thought it was Great! We went to the Spanish Fork cinema and were the only ones in the theater! Awesome.

That's about all that's happenin' here. I have another doctor's appointment next week and I hope they schedule me for an ultrasound to find out what we're having in the next little while! That will be an exciting milestone!

Comments

  1. Dog sitting is the way to go! It's our favorite way to give our kids a little dose of pets but not commit to the responsibility of it yet. I just can't do young kids and pets simultaneously. Too much work!

    Yep, that second trimester is a weird one. Things don't fit - not the pre-pregnancy stuff and not the maternity stuff. It's an awkward little phase. And you don't look pregnant yet so people just wonder what's up if they don't know you.

    Yay to your first official Mother's Day. It might be the easiest one you'll have in a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Almost To the Home Stretch

Can you see that baby bump?

Half Way There