Embryo Mania

Well, that might not be the best title, but it works. So last Sunday we did the egg retrieval and they were able to get 15 mature egss, which was great. Eleven of those fertilized. Another great thing! Now the embryos are just growing and dividing under the very capable hands of Dr. Stone, the embryologist. He's been calling us each morning with an update. Friday should be the embryo transfer, and we hope it works perfectly! Luckily I have been able to stay positive and fairly calm (except for my occasional moments of insanity that we all experience from time to time.) through this whole experience. We have been to the temple twice, and that has really helped I'm sure. Not to mention all the people praying for us. I am a prayer hog right now!

Tonight's temple night was awesome. Greg and I were asked to be the witness couple, so that's always great. It was one of those times when you can feel that Satan is trying to give you all of these negative and contentious feelings before you get out the door (Greg especially was feeling it) and then when we got there, it was like this instant peace. I think being in a huge city like LA gives you an even greater appreciation for how the temple keeps out the hustle, bustle, noise and business of the world. It is a very stark contrast.

When we got home (our hotel really is starting to feel like home) we ordered some delivery dinner for some nice in-room dining and a bit of American Idol. Now we have been just relaxing and I'm updating my blog, obviously!

What a good experience this whole thing has been and I am SO SO SO glad we are really doing it! Wow. It was a long road. One more big thing this Friday and then we will know if it works in a few weeks. I'm crossing my fingers. Alexis drew us a picture of our "baby." It's way darling. And when I talk to Brigham he tells me all about how he has had to have "a poke in his leg" too. He knows that for awhile I was doing shots. It's just neat how even the little kids know that we're doing something special.

That's about it for now! So weird to think that I have possible kids growing in the lab right now! But I don't really think of it that way. I think of it in a more scientific way I guess. I think it's to protect myself a little in case it doesn't work. Hope it does, though!

Comments

  1. It is a little weird to think your kids are growing in a lab. I would feel the same way too - more scientific at this point. But we all hope it works! Fingers crossed and prayers sent (it's fine to be a prayer hog once in awhile ;)). Awesome that you guys made it to the temple twice. I can only imagine the contrast between outside in LA and inside the temple. CRAZY! And yeah, I hate the feeling of Satan working on you extra hard before you do something important like going to the temple. It's so frustrating! But I guess it helps us realize how important it really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for the embryos. Alexis thinks it is all so very interesting and so do I. I think it is amazing that you get to do this. Do you have and Idol favorites yet? They don't show so many of them. I like when they do the top 24. Almost everytime we go to the temple I feel that contention from Satan. It is always nice to feel the peace of the temple. It definetly is a place to feel in the world but not of the world. I love that. Prayers today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything went well on Friday. Can't wait to hear - and hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are home!! I love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it's me... your traveling buddy. It was really fun to be with you guys. Everything about it is a treasure for me. Thanks so much for letting me come. I told Dale about the Farari that Greg asked the driver to rev up for us. That was great! Greg UR awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so strong! I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Almost To the Home Stretch

Can you see that baby bump?

Half Way There