Baby Animal Day
About three weekends ago, our nephew, Alec, called to invite Greg and I up to Park City to go skiing. We happened to be speaking in Church the next day, so we decided we had better not spend all day on the slopes when we needed time to prepare our talks. But, it was so kind of Alec to think of inviting us, and we really wanted to spend time with our cute nephews, so we planned to go to the Baby Animal Birthday Party at Thanksgiving Point. We ended up just having the two younger nephews, Austin and Andrew, and Greg's Mom and Dad come with us, so we still owe Alec an outing with us! That's in the works.
The day turned out to be cold and rainy, but who cares when you're with those you love...and for Greg that includes cows. It includes cows for me, too. It's amazing how much Austin is like Greg in his love of animals. Andrew, too. That is one thing that I love about Greg and, although I have never not liked animals, he has helped me learn to appreciate these wonderful creations even more.
Some highlights of our day:
The day turned out to be cold and rainy, but who cares when you're with those you love...and for Greg that includes cows. It includes cows for me, too. It's amazing how much Austin is like Greg in his love of animals. Andrew, too. That is one thing that I love about Greg and, although I have never not liked animals, he has helped me learn to appreciate these wonderful creations even more.
Some highlights of our day:
- Getting to submit our ideas for names for the new baby animals. Austin chose "Oreo" for a black and white goat. Greg chose "Buttermilk" for the holstein calf.
- Just me and Austin and Andrew braving the rain to take a ride on the horse-drawn cart.
- The tiny baby goat with lop ears! You would not believe the cuteness of this goat.
- How soft the wool was on the baby lamb. It were wet, but the wool was still so fun to touch.
- Having a bit of birthday cake...always a good thing in my book!
- Feeding the cows. Turns out the mild mannered jersey cow, Daisy, is going to have a calf. I know we'll have to go back and see it.
- Watching the ducks and geese on the pond.
- The ever-supportive and fun grandparents...Sharon and Ger! Thanks for driving down in the rain to spend time with us.
- Coming back to our house after a cold, wet day to eat warm soup and play the Wii.


Such a fun day with your cute nephews. It sure sounds like your neighbors re friendly and welcoming. That is awesome. So excited to see you on monday!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to say that I noticed the change up in the blog design and wondered if you made your own header and what program you used. I like the personal touch.
ReplyDelete